SEND YOUR CHILD ON AN ADVENTURE THIS SUMMER
Our 2017 Summer CARE Camp Theme is “ABOVE & BEYOND”. In addition to our morning Academic curriculum featuring Common Core Standards, our afternoons will consist of a variety of Enrichment activities and Field trips!
Each week will have a different theme.
This year’s camp theme schedule is as follows:
Week 1: Animals of the World (6/12/17 to 6/16/17)
Week 2: Disney Comes Alive (6/19/17 to 6/23/17)
Week 3: Board Games (6/26/17 to 6/30/17)
Week 4: Meteorology (7/03/17 to 7/07/17)
Week 5: Exploring Careers (7/10/17 to 7/14/17)
Week 6: Space Travel (7/17/17 to 7/21/17)
Week 7: Inventors (7/24/17 to 7/28/17)
Week 8: Forensics (7/31/17 to 8/04/17)
Week 9: Around the World (8/07/17 to 8/11/17)
Some Activities Include:
Academic Bridge – Lose Nothing and JUMP Ahead
Writing Skills Workshop
Math “Madness”!! & Skills Builder
- Cooking for FUN
- Health & Fitness
- Dance & Movement
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Arts & Crafts
- Aquatic Center on Fridays
- Team Sports Basics: Football, Basketball, Soccer & Hockey
So get ready for this academic & FUN adventure we will be sailing into starting June 12th!
First, our students will attend our morning Summer Bridge Academic Program focusing on Common Core Academics in Reading, Writing and Math.
Our afternoons will consist of learning things like Culinary Arts, Languages, Engineering, and other interesting and fun classes!
Our students will:
- Enjoy FUN, ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
- Focus on CHARACTER BUILDING
- Learn the ACADEMIC SKILLS to prepare for the next grade level
High School Summer Programs and Mentorship Opportunity
High School students will be introduced to our C.A.R.E. Mentoring program where they will have the opportunity to be a camp counselor during the summer earning community service credits for graduation. We love our amazing, one-of-a-kind summer programs!
What makes us different from other Summer ‘Camp’ programs?
- We offer core academics that are fun and interactive to prepare campers for the next school year.
- We offer specialized enrichment groups each day including, Art, Music, Science, Foreign language, to name a few.
- We offer field trips and guest speakers to enhance the weekly camp theme.
- We bring in people and programs to captivate campers’ minds and imagination.
- We help campers see that they belong to many communities and we actively teach character building skills essential to community living.
- Our leaders and teachers are professionals, skilled at imparting knowledge to young people.
- Our adult teacher/student ratio is approximately 10:1. We know each camper by name and we keep them close to staff at all times.
- We know how to have fun! Our afternoons are filled with water play, picnics, park visits, enriching crafts, music, and drama. We also know how to just chill out when necessary.
- We send our campers home each day happy for the new friends they are making, the experiences they share, and eager to return the next day!
Flexible schedules allow you to plan your child’s camp around the family’s needs. Choose a little or a lot; your child will be a happy camper every day!
What I love about Summer C.A.R.E. Camp
By Elijah Mims, 4th Grade
“The two things I love about Summer C.A.R.E. Camp is having fun and going on field trips. My favorite field trip was the Ronald McDonald House. At the Ronald McDonald House we cleaned, we played, and we explored the house where the children were staying. We also learned that they have lots of toys to distract them from the pain. I’m glad I got to help the children. I had a good time!”
WE ARE SUMMER C.A.R.E. CAMP! We practice STRONG CHARACTER to see the best in others and ourselves. We strive for ACADEMIC SUCCESS and have HIGH EXPECTATIONS to be the best we can be! We are people of compassion and respect, REACHING OUT to make a difference in our community. We participate fully in ENRICHMENT classes because we LOVE to learn. We are the Camp that CARES!